Who We Are
Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers is a law firm in Toronto whose expertise includes serious personal injury, accident injury, medical malpractice law, and insurance claims. We have been practicing for over 50 years. For over four decades, we have successfully built a reputation of being advocates for victims. Our clients’ well-being always comes first. We make sure that our clients are able to obtain their desired outcomes, including fair compensation for their injuries.
NEINSTEIN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
Serving the Greater Toronto Area
We know that injuries happen at the moment you least expect them to happen. Usually, injuries are the result of a negligent act such as irresponsible driving habits, wrongful handling of equipment, not posting danger signs, etc. If you are hurt because of another’s actions, you should be adequately compensated by the responsible party, especially if you sustain serious injuries that lead to skyrocketing medical bills, rehabilitation, and other expenses.
Compensation negotiations can be straightforward when the responsible party accepts the consequences of their actions. Unfortunately, the responsible parties involved tend to dispute the extent of their liability. For this reason, many cases eventually result in a lawsuit which may or may not lead to a trial. If a settlement is reached beforehand, then there is no need for a trial but this is not always the case.
To safeguard your interests and ensure you will get a fair and just settlement, you need the help of someone who is an expert in personal injury law. Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers helps seriously injured accident victims. Our lawyers have vast experience handling different types of personal injury cases. We do everything we can to secure a fair and reasonable settlement. If this is not possible out of the courtroom setting, we will argue your case in front of a judge.
Neinstein’s personal injury lawyers have been representing clients throughout Ontario for over four decades and provide services in all languages. Members of our legal team have been recognized in the Canadian Legal Expert (Lexpert) Directory and as Certified Specialists by the Law Society of Ontario. We have unique expertise in cases involving serious injuries. We also use a highly individualized approach to make sure you and your family have access to fair and just compensation. We will handle everything on your behalf, including taking care of the claim, working for compensation for your injuries, and handling all the necessary paperwork with the insurance companies. If we feel like the settlement offered is not enough, we will take the case to court.
Neinstein areas of legal expertise include, but are not limited to, the following:
Cars are a necessity in Canada. They are the simplest way to get from point A to point B. In Toronto, thousands of cars share the road each day. Every driver has
a distinct driving ability. Some are attentive, while others are distracted by their phones. Some fail to respect traffic laws, leading to accidents.
Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries. While some people are fortunate to walk away with scrapes and bruises, other people’s lives are changed forever. Whatever the circumstances around your car accident, we at Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We are committed to helping victims access fair and just compensation. We have handled hundreds of car-related injury cases and have been successful at getting insurance companies to the negotiating table.
Some of the motor vehicle accident cases we handle include the following:
- Head-on or rear-end collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Our accident benefits and no-fault benefits lawyers are a big help to people involved in motor vehicle accidents.
Accident benefits claims focus on the following:
- Medical and rehabilitation – Following a car accident, it is a must for injured people to get proper medical treatment, including medical, surgical, hospitalization, dental, and nursing care. Your rehabilitation may include counseling, social rehab, home modifications, work adjustments, vocational assessments, and the likes. If your insurance company categorizes your injury as minor, the medical and rehabilitation benefits to which you are entitled are capped at $3,500. This does not cover the basic cost of medical and rehabilitative treatment. For catastrophic injuries, the compensation is capped at $1-million. For non-catastrophic serious injuries, your benefits are capped at $50,000. Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers make sure that you receive fair and just compensation. With our expertise, we will ensure you receive the most possible accident benefits under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule.
- Income replacement – An injured person is entitled to income replacement benefits, which equals 70 per cent of the gross income earned from employment. The maximum amount available is $00/week. To be eligible you must meet the following standards:
- Sustained a substantial inability to perform tasks necessary to your employment
- If you were unemployed at the time of your injury, you are still entitled to income replacement benefits provided you worked for at least 26 of the 52 preceding weeks, or are receiving benefits under the Employment Insurance Act.
- For people you were self-employed at the time of their accident, you need to provide the insurance company with additional financial documents.
- Attendant care – This is for people who need assistance with performing daily activities after a car accident. If the injuries you sustained hinder your ability to perform simple tasks such as bathing or dressing, you may require attendant care.
- Other pertinent benefits following the accidents may be decided on by your personal injury lawyer – which is why it is of the utmost importance to consult an experience car accident lawyer following your injury.
Brain-related injuries are catastrophic in nature. They are the most complicated injuries a person can experience. According to research, thousands of Canadians acquire brain injuries every year. This is a cause for concern considering the fact that the brain is essential to every bodily function, including motor, cognitive, and sensory ability. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is usually caused by car accidents, slip and falls, and other serious accidents. Brain injuries can result in prolong disability and even permanent impairment.
Symptoms of brain-related injuries include the following:
- Poor concentration
- Memory loss
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
- Blurring of vision, ringing in the ears, and other sensory-related symptoms
- Loss of consciousness
- Poor coordination; loss of coordination
- Loss of motor skills
- Fluid draining from the ears or nose
Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers understands the severity of a brain injury, including the cost of treatment and management of acquired conditions. The cost of medical, physical therapy, and rehabilitative care can quickly add up. Our lawyers do everything they can to ensure brain injury victims receive a specialized degree of care. With our expertise, we seek full compensation for the cost associated with traumatic brain injuries. By doing so, we can make sure that the healing process will not be deterred by financial challenges. Our ultimate goal is to find out the lifetime cost associated with a brain injury and seek compensation from the responsible party that reflects those costs.
Do you need a personal injury lawyer?
The legal system can be complicated and confusing, especially for people who don’t have legal experience. If you against large insurance corporations, chances are they will take advantage of you. They will do everything they can to minimize payments to the injured party. With an experienced personal injury lawyer by your side, insurance companies and large corporations will be forced to treat you with respect. Personal injury lawyers will ensure you receive fair, reasonable compensation for the injuries you have sustained.
Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers provides legal services on a contingency basis, meaning clients are not asked to pay legal fees until their case has been successfully resolved. Once compensation has been agreed upon, the lawyer will accept a percentage of the final settlement in lieu of up-front fees.
This arrangement allows personal injury lawyers to offer services to clients who would not otherwise be able to afford legal representation. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit is expensive, especially when it requires expert testimony from highly trained professionals. Contingency fees offer access to justice for every Ontarian.
Neinstein’s personal injury Lawyers also offers free, no-obligation consultations to prospective clients. During these meetings, a member of our team will review your case, assess its viability, and provide guidance and advice as you consider your options. Together with our contingency fees, free, no-obligation consultations ensure Ontarian’s do not face financial barriers to legal representation.