Duncan Embury is one of the highly reputable personal injury lawyers in Canada. He is the head of the medical malpractice group at Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers. His role is to act on behalf of the plaintiffs on all areas of medical negligence. Aside from medical malpractice, Duncan also specializes in all types of catastrophic personal injury claims, specifically the ones involving motor vehicle accidents, institutional neglect, product liability, and occupier’s liability.
He was a graduate of the University of Windsor Law School and was called to the bar in 1996. Attorney Duncan handles complex multi-jurisdictional cases to help Ontario residents in recovering damages where the injuries took place in foreign jurisdictions. His expertise in handling complex multi-jurisdictional cases was honed when he became the counsel on Van Breda V. Club Resorts, which is Canada’s premier case on jurisdiction.
Other works and recognitions
- Duncan functions as a co-counsel assistance to other lawyers who handle complex medical negligence cases.
- He is a regular speaker and presenter in the different areas of medical negligence for various organizations such as the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada, and the Ontario Bar Association.
- He was voted as the leading expert in his field for two consecutive years (2014 and 2015) by the Canadian Lexpert Directory.
- Duncan was named as one of the best lawyers in Canada from 2013 to 2016.
- He was a certified specialist in civil litigation by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Duncan Embury was a member of the Canadian Bar Association, The Advocates’ Society, Pro Bono Law Ontario at SickKids, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, and Alberta Law Society.
His field of expertise includes medical negligence, personal injury litigation, birth injuries, obstetrical negligence, and surgical negligence. He also specializes in medication errors, nurse negligence, delayed diagnosis and misdiagnosis, dental malpractice, and hospital negligence.